- Examining the Pleasure principle – the enduring appeal of Girls at our Best!
- Raising the roof for refugees – with The Amber List, Red Moon Joe, West on Colfax … plus Jah Wobble and The Ukrainians
- Learning new things with the passing of time – revisiting Never Loved Elvis and The Wonder Stuff with Miles Hunt
- Discovering Tresor – the Gwenno feature/interview
- Shine on Mellow Moon – the Alfie Templeman interview
- Still Crazy after all these years – on the Long, Long Road with Arthur Brown
- Right on track with The Goa Express – in conversation with James Douglas Clarke
- Seeking out parallel worlds and channeling rocket science with Simon and the Astronauts – the Simon Wells interview
- Pip Blom / San Lorenz – Preston, The Ferret
- All the way from Detroit, destined for success – celebrating Duke Fakir’s I’ll Be There: My Life with The Four Tops
Tag Archives: Are Friends Electric?
Following the success of his 2013 album Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind) and its accompanying two-year world tour, Gary Numan returns to the UK soon, for a live celebration of his breakthrough long players, Replicas, The Pleasure Principle and Telekon. After a … Continue reading
So there we were, seven dates into Gary Numan’s ‘intimate’ club tour, and another venue was feeling the love for this prime mover in electronica. And here was proof – if it were needed – that age has not sullied … Continue reading
It must have been on London’s Capital Radio when I first heard Tubeway Army, 35 years ago this month. I was only 11 at the time, yet already knew the charts inside out. But this was something else. With my transistor … Continue reading