- The Vapors / Chris Pope & Mic Stoner – Boileroom, Guildford
- Liam Ó Maonlaí, Jacquelyn Hynes and Clive Mellor / Hungry Bentley – Penwortham, The Venue
- Beyond the lockdowns, Normal service resumes – in conversation with Henry Normal
- Coming to an understanding of myself – the Liam Ó Maonlaí interview
- Juggling life’s priorities, comedy style – the Steve Royle interview
- Lighting the Bright Magic lantern – back in touch with Public Service Broadcasting’s J.Willgoose, Esq.
- The telling adventures of Saint Etienne – the Sarah Cracknell interview
- 2-4-6-8 motorway networking with Pip Blom
- Hand Built by Isolated Human – back in touch with Newton Faulkner
- Jim Bob’s wake-up call, 2021 style – back in touch with the self-styled Poundland Bono
Tag Archives: Inform Educate Entertain
Lighting the Bright Magic lantern – back in touch with Public Service Broadcasting’s J.Willgoose, Esq.
On the eve of the release of the fourth Public Service Broadcasting studio album, a celebration of the cultural and political metropolis that is Berlin, and with the London-based outfit set to return to live action, it was time to … Continue reading
Commercial success doesn’t seem to have changed the pseudonymous J.Wilgoose Esq. Unless of course his excuse of not picking up his phone straight away as he was ‘carrying a cup of tea into the studio’ is shorthand for some rock’n’roll … Continue reading
In which writewyattuk runs the rule over the eagerly-awaited debut LP from Public Service Broadcasting – Inform, Educate, Entertain … and discovers a ready-made classic. It’s always a nervous experience when a band you’ve learned to love during the incubation … Continue reading
FROM the moment corduroy-clad eccentric J Willgoose Esq. and his drumming companion Wrigglesworth entered stage-right upstairs at 53 Degrees, a clearly appreciative Preston audience was feeling the love for this inventive duo. For those not yet in the know, how … Continue reading